The world is a dangerous place, and while we love to volunteer as much as you, some ground rules need to be established.
Note: The below terms may be overridden by further terms pertaining to specific events. E.g. Your event might have a more stringent liability waiver that overrides this one.
- You stands for you, the person participating in Project 5K events
- We, us, our stands for Project 5K, the non-profit youth organization.
By participating in any event through Project 5K, you agree to and understand the following:
- Project 5K is not liable for any damages or legal issues incurred from any volunteer events.
- Project 5K is not responsible for any lost or damaged items (personal or otherwise)
- We will not be liable for any misinformation that may occur on their part. While we do our best to ensure that correct and reliable information is passed along, we do rely on third parties to supply us with said information, and therefore we cannot be responsible.
- We reserve the right to cancel or modify your relationship with us at any time should it be appropriate.
- Unless you explicitly inform us in writing that you will not like your photo taken, we have the right to take photos and videos of you during the event for marketing and analytical purposes. Should there be an option allowing us to take your photo on the event sign up form, not checking it constitutes informing us in writing.
Your information and rights
- Any changes in our information about you should be brought to us immediately via our communications email channel. Failure to do so may result in your expulsion from our events should we be unable to accommodate your request in time.
- You have the right to cancel your attendance to any event we hold, however failure to do so in a timely manner (we must be notified at least 4 days prior to an event) may result in your suspension from future events we hold or help organize. This suspension period is the sole decision of Project 5K
- We do not disclose personally-identifiable information to any third-parties or partners other than those involved directly with the event.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to shoot us an email over on our contact page. Happy volunteering!
Last Modified: September 15, 2015